Enjoy an afternoon with native Australian wildlife at the Healesville Sanctuary.
Healesville Sanctuary (link https://www.zoo.org.au/healesville ) is a zoo set in beautiful Australian bushland about 1.5 hours’ drive from Melbourne CBD. The zoo offers visitors the opportunity to see some of Australia’s most unique native animals including koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, dingoes, possums, echidnas, pythons, cockatoos and parrots!
Highlights of Healesville Sanctuary include:
- Koala Forest exhibit, a boardwalk with Manna Gumtrees that is home to the Sanctuary’s koalas https://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/animals/koala
- Kangaroo country, a bushland area with Red Kangaroos and Tree kangaroos https://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/highlights/kangaroo-country
- Dingo country, a dramatic rocky high country exhibit that offers you the chance to observe dingoes up close, and learn about their complex history.
- Land of parrots, a walk-through aviary where you can meet the endangered Red-Tail Cockatoos and hand feed parrots https://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/highlights/land-of-parrots
- Spirits of the sky, a bird show where you get to see Australia’s unique parrots, cockatoos and birds of prey. https://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/whats-on/spirits-of-the-sky
- Australian Wildlife Health center and hospital where more than 1,500 sick and injured native animals are treated each year and Australian vets are trained to look after our native animals. The center also has a research program focused on conservation medicine, clinical wildlife medicine and wildlife rehabilitation https://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/highlights/australian-wildlife-health-centre
Details of the tour:
- The tour leaves the conference venue at 1pm and arrives at Healesville Sanctuary around 2.15 - 2.30 pm.
- You can spend about 2.5 hours wandering the zoo. The zoo closes at 5pm.
- The bus leaves Healesville Sanctuary at 5.15 pm arrives back in Melbourne between 6.30 and 7.15 pm (depending on traffic).
- The tour is run by ‘Wild Wombat Winery tours’, a Melbourne-based boutique tour operator.
Cost and what is included
- The tour cost is AUD $110 per person and includes transport by bus and entry to the zoo.
How to book?
Please use this google form to book your ticket. The form contains a link to pay using PayPal. Bookings need to be done before Wednesday 28th November 2018.
Note: this tour requires a minimum of 8 people to book. In the unlikely event that less than 8 people book, the tour will not take place. We will inform you and your payment will be refunded.