This is an Australian scientific instrumentation meeting including the Accelerator Technology Forum (ATF) and Instrumentation and Controls Community of Practice (IC-CoP). It is a 2.5 day workshop aimed at providing a collaborative stage to discuss the most recent developments in electro-physical installations and associated control systems for scientific, medical and industrial applications in Australia. The ATF will bring together leading members of the Australian scientific, engineering, technology sector including accelerator, astronomical, and other communities that are contributing to its success. The 2022 ATF will be hosted by the ANU and will be held on Monday the 17th of October 2022 to Wednesday the 20th of October 2022.
The event will start at lunchtime Monday to allow people to travel to Canberra. Wednesday afternoon will finish with a tour and afternoon tea at the Mount Stromlo Observatory - some people from out of town might choose to skip this so they can depart early.
Please use this ANU link for registration and payment. The registration fee is $AU450 which includes coffee, lunches, symposium dinner and bus hire.
This event is made possible thanks to the support and sponsorship of:
The aims of the forum/meeting are as follows:
- Highlight the current state of complex scientific and technological equipment, recent developments and applications in Australasia
- Create a community of Australasian organisations that can share information and work together for mutual benefit
- Identify development and collaboration opportunities and establish frameworks for the community to work together
- Identify funding sources for complex scientific and technological equipment/controls development, including government grants
- Raise awareness of electro-physical installations and associated control systems developments in Australasia
An overview of technical topics is available on the Call for Abstracts page. The format is a short abstract and oral presentation only, no paper submission is required.
Please follow ANU COVID safety protocols during the meeting. These are described on the following web page: https://www.anu.edu.au/covid-19-advice
We have secured cheap accommodation at the Judit Wright Court apartments within the ANU Campus for the week for meeting participants (Apartment Information). These are apartments, so there is no room service or in house restaurant, but café’s and restaurants are close by in the New Acton/Civic area.
Since the apartments are not officially open to everyone, only official visitors to the ANU, the rate per night is only 100 for a 1 bedroom apartment and 140 for a two bedroom. Minimum stay however is 2 nights.
We have also secured a discount rate at Peppers Gallery & Breakfree Capital Tower. The discount will apply for any room type travelling between 16/10/2022 – 21/10/2022 , when booked before 10/10/2022. To book and receive 10% off Best Available Rate, visit: http://www.mghotels.com.au/ And follow the below steps:
- Select the Region and Property, your Travel Dates and the Number of People travelling – hit SEARCH
- Select Change Search – at the top of the page
- Input Promo Code ATF2022 (case sensitive) in the Promo Box – hit SEARCH again. You will see discount applied to the BAR Rate.
- Select the room type you wish to book and hit BOOK NOW to proceed to payment screen
- Fill in all required details to confirm your booking and hit COMPLETE BOOKING
- You will receive an email confirmation once all details have been processed.
Canberra also has numerous other hotel options within walking distance of the ANU campus.